Friday, September 30, 2011

diy frame mating

I found such a great DIY project via the Michaels store Twitter account. They led me to Kimberly Crawford's "For the Love of Paper" blog with great step-by-step instructions for how to cover the matting with fabric and stamp around the photo (See Stamped Fabric Photo Mat). The only change I made was doing the paint stamp before adhering the fabric to the matting. Also, I used good old fashion Elmer's school glue.

When shopping for a frame be sure to look for one with a big enough mat to notice your stamp design!

I've made two... One for my grandparents and another for my friend. Here are some photos from the process and the finished product!!

Supplies you'll need.
Stamp your design! I used the paint brush to apply paint on the stamp, rather than dipping.
Mark the edges of your frame.
Cut on diagonals towards the corners.
Haha! This photo is me and my grandparents on my Communion day back in 1995!!

No comments:

Post a Comment