Tuesday, January 10, 2012

crockpotting

One of my Christmas gifts was a Crock-Pot... thanks Mom!! I just made my second recipe in the slow cooker and ranked it a 7 on a scale of 1-10 where 5 is "Caitlin Normal" and 10 is "Caitlin Amazing, Can't Wait to Make It Again". Ross actually titled this scale because he says "Caitlin Normal" is a lot better than "Normal Normal". So a 5 on this scale is more like an 8 on a normal scale... thanks, hon! ;)

Chicken Tikka Masala from Meal Planning 101 - I don't recall exactly how I came across and decided on this recipe, likely through a Google search and then realizing I never made Indian food but really enjoy eating it!!
Ingredients for the chicken marinade!!


Broiling chicken... look at that flavor!
Some of the ingredients I did not have on hand and actually had to make a special trip to Whole Foods for them since Giant didn't have them in stock; curry paste and garam masala. Other than that, everything was easy to find and use!

This recipe does require some prep work; marinading and broiling the chicken thighs, sauteeing the onions, garlic and ginger. So I did that all the night before and laid out the additional ingredients on the counter along with my measuring spoons so that I could put it all together, hassle-free, at 7:30 a.m.

 Yesterday morning I put everything into the crock-pot on low for 6 hours... it stayed on warm for about another 4. The chicken was so perfectly cooked it fell right off the bone when I stirred in the cream!!
It almost looks authentic!


No comments:

Post a Comment