Tuesday, January 3, 2012

trapeze in 2012

I've been learning a three-kick turn-around at trapeze over the past few weeks. This is when I jump off, kick three times (back, forward, back), and turn around -- all within the first swing. So that I am facing the board I jumped off of by the time I get to the height of my first swing. See hand-drawn diagram below!

It's been a long, frustrating process and I haven't had much success with it, so I am going to take a break from it for a while. To try something new this week, I threw the back-end hocks off! I only had three turns left, but it was definitely catchable! See the video below...


When I start my IFW (Intensive Flying Workshop) next week I'll catch this and also determine my flying goals for the coming weeks. I have some of the following in mind...

  • Fly off a riser
  • Continue work on three-kick turnaround
  • Continue progress towards flying out of lines within 12 months 

No comments:

Post a Comment