Wednesday, March 14, 2012

trapeze and circus things

As promised, I snapped a picture of the gift wrapping for my trapeze instructors' thank you gifts. Don't you just love how they came out? I think the wrapping makes it even more personal. Tonight is my dress rehearsal and I get to bring Mandy, Brent, and Mike their gifts. I think I'm more excited to see their reaction than I am to practice for the show!! I will post a photograph of the gifts after they have received them, since I don't want to spoil the surprise.
The most adorable sticker for my Camelback, from fellow trapeze student, Tracey!
Last night the Ringling Bros. train arrive in DC! They're performing downtown at the Verizon Center, Thursday through Sunday. In true Ringling tradition, they unloaded the train and paraded their elephants from the yard through downtown! Since they were off-loading only a few blocks from my apartment, Ross and I went over to take a look. (I have to share, my grandma was very concerned that I might follow the elephants and run off with the circus! A sincere fear she has developed since my passion for flying trapeze has grown. I told her not to worry, I have [at least a little bit of] self control.)

The Pachyderm Parade route for Ringling!

The Ringling train getting ready to unload the elephants and horses!

No comments:

Post a Comment