Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pretty packaging

This weekend I made some chocolate drop cookies, mentioned in this post. Some were for thank you gifts and I wanted to deliver them in a special way. I had seen a few variations for packaging cookies on Pinterest and I was excited to try them! The first was made from an empty container of bread crumbs. I peeled off the label and taped on some wrapping paper. I used kitchen twine to tie a "thank you" note around it.

One thing I noticed half-way through baking my cookies was that the opening in this container was smaller than I thought. So I had to adjust the amount of batter I put down on the baking sheet so that the cookies would be smaller. Make sure you check out your container before or during baking so that you can adjust accordingly.

My next packaging idea was so simple - it's just a little something extra on a sandwich bag. It came out so wonderfully, it even surprised me! I simply placed cookies into a sandwich bag. Then I used some cardstock and measured out a rectangle about the length of the bag and three inches high. I folded the paper in half and drew a design on the front, with a message on the back. I stapled the cardstock to the top of the sandwich bag, and I just love how it turned out!


Now that the holidays are around the corner (THANKSGIVING IS TOMORROW!!!!!!) how do you plan to deliver your cookies? I know tins are a go-to... in fact, I saw a great post on Newlyweds on a Budget on how to customize and shnaz up your tins.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the sweet shout out about my Holiday Tins! I hope you had a fantastic Turkey Day!

    Kari
    Newlyweds on a Budget

    ReplyDelete