Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Music Makes My Mornings

Music is a big part of my morning routine and it has become a lot more enjoyable since upgrading to Spotify Premium! No more waiting for the next streaming song to buffer while at the bus stop with a weak signal. I'm still working to optimize my radio stations but I tend to use the app to listen to "my songs". This morning, Spotify gave me a great randomized playlist that was the perfect combination of vibrant and uplifting. What a pleasant addition to my commute to class! I discovered the first song on this playlist just yesterday - it popped up on the Spotify US Top List and caught my attention right away.

Every few months I discover a song that I like/love and listen to it on repeat, repeat, repeat for a while. (My sweet husband puts up with this with a smile on his face!) I expect Shut Up and Dance to follow a similar pattern in the weeks to come, that is, when I'm not listening to Christmas music! The music video is not my favorite, but there are a few throw backs that made me laugh... The cameo from the "13 Going On 30" actress (0:11 and 3:06) and The "Saved By The Bell" opening credits background (2:22). Did I miss any?

Here's the handful of songs that made me so happy this morning...

  1. Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon
  2. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by N*Sync [a favorite, any time of the year!]
  3. This Kiss by Faith Hill
  4. Fine By Me by Andy Grammar
  5. All For You by Sister Hazel
The last time a song caught my attention like this was during the Dancing With The Stars' Macy's Stars of Dance. Derek Hough choreographed an amazing routine to Classic by MKTO. Check out the video below...



No comments:

Post a Comment